Thursday, May 7, 2009

I Blog, therefore I...

            ...Am? Think? Feel? It's hard to think about such things when you’re blogging, but when you come home from a long day at work, school or whatever it is that you do all day (even vegetating), you can find a small measure of peace venting on a blog. We no longer refer to this as an online journal, but a blog. The perfect analogy for this statement would be the Q-tip. One doesn't say "cotton ear swab," all you have to do is say "Q-tip" and you're handed one. I jumped on the blog bandwagon back in the early college years of my life, only to forget about it and eventually banish the entire notion of ever blogging again due to the mere fact that it was just another thing to do in the already complicated world of online discussions. This was only enforced by the social networks such as MySpace, Facebook and now Twitter. Fast forward a few years later, and i find myself yet again, face to face with the beast that is blogging. Before you come to a conclusion, let it be known that I haven't always been an English major. And as you will find out from reading these blogs, I have a long way to go in the "awesome grammar & spelling" department.

            I never really enjoyed blogging, and I probably won't enjoy it even as I learn to appreciate text and writing. I have always found myself speaking about anything and everything that I feel should be spoken about. As of late, history and politics have become the focus of most conversations. I always appreciate a good conversation or rhetorical exchange, because that really is all that I look forward to: an exchange of Ideas. With this blog, I hope to get some good exchanges going as far as ideas are concerned, because I feel that most things that are discussed can be see in either a historical or political context. With this blog, I hope to put things in a light that you may have not seen things in, or rarely have seen things in before. The sole purpose of this blog (pending time allotted for decent research and argument), is to make the reader think. I feel as though we are fed so much garbage by society, politicians, government, arts that we should not have beliefs; but rather ideas. We should be as open to any and every piece of information that we can process, so that we can discriminate at our own will, and not at the will of others. Having said this, I hope you appreciate this first post. I will leave you with a quote.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment